My Site
Categories
Exaile Development Update, July 24, 2009

Exaile development has been very active in the past few weeks. We are working very hard to make our August goal. As well as picking up mathbr as a developer, we’ve had quite a few contributors adding/fixing a lot of things. If you’re like me, this screenshot makes you drool (click on it to get a larger view):

The super sexy contextual information panel you see on the left there is being done by Guillaume Lecomte. The new rating widget you see in the popup menu was done by Steve Dodier. Steve has been submitting patch after patch getting things fixed and new things added.

Exaile 0.3 is looking better than ever. I’m excited!

Filed under: Exaile, Programming, Linux
Comments:

From Ezekiel000 on July 24 @ 3:23 p.m. 2009

That looks so cool, I can't wait for 0.3, good work and a big thank you to Guillaume & Steve.
Is the lyric tab on the left aimed for 0.3 or will it be in a latter revision?
From Adam Olsen on July 24 @ 3:59 p.m. 2009

The Lyric tab? You mean the context panel? It's just a plugin, so it could be released at any time.
From Ezekiel000 on July 24 @ 4:19 p.m. 2009

Sorry I meant having the option to have lyrics as a tab on the left pane.
From Aren Olson (reacocard) on July 24 @ 6:14 p.m. 2009

@Ezekiel000

the initial context pane implementation has lyrics support i believe, and will probably hit trunk before release. more flexibility in how you configure it will be a goal for a later iteration of 0.3.
From Sushi on Aug. 1 @ 3:25 a.m. 2009

How do I get the super sexy context pane? I'm running 0.3.0a3 and there's no such thing, no lyrics either.
From Aren Olson (reacocard) on Aug. 1 @ 7:08 a.m. 2009

@Sushi The context pane is only available in trunk, not 0.3.0a3.
From ingo on Aug. 5 @ 10:19 a.m. 2009

crossfading... finally

you made my day!
From isimeon on Aug. 12 @ 9:08 a.m. 2009

how to get that exaile trunk?
From Aren Olson (reacocard) on Aug. 12 @ 9:27 a.m. 2009

@isimeon - https://code.launchpad.net/~exaile-devel/exaile/exaile-0.3.0

Add a comment:
captcha

Optional, for comment reply notifications

Note: If you enter your email address, you will be subscribed to this article and will recieve comment updates via email. This is the only thing your address will be used for. A link will be provided at the end of each email that will allow you to unsubscribe should you need to, or you can go to http://synicworld.com//unsubscribe to unsubscribe from any/all updates.